The Hurricane Stars Club is excited to be a provider of the Be Connected Program.
We run two FREE programs : the first is the Be Connected program teaching digital technology to seniors over 50 years old. The second is the Health My Way program that is supporting people, over 18 years old, to learn essential digital health literacy skills is critical to ensuring every Australian has the ability to make informed, conﬁdent choices when it comes to supporting their health and wellbeing online.
BE CONNECTED FOR SENIORS
Be Connected for Seniors is a free Australian Government initiative helping you to get the most out of going online for Australians aged 50 and over.
Be Connected can help you:
› learn the basics and realise the full potential of going online
› be safe while you’re online
› talk to or see family and friends who live far away, more often
› find new or old friends who share your interests and hobbies
› keep up-to-date with what’s happening in your community and around the world
› learn how to shop online, safely and securely, without leaving home.
And that’s just the start.
We are an official provider of the Be Connected program !
This is a special program for those aged 50 years old and older (whether it is your mother, father, grandparents or you yourself).
HEALTH MY WAY PROGRAM
Health My Way will directly engage and support adults from one or more of the following cohort groups:
- People living with chronic conditions
- Older Australians
- Those experiencing domestic or family violence
- Parents of children
- People living with clinically sensitive conditions
- People living in rural and remote communities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- People with a disability
The focus will be on supporting people aged over 18 years who:
● Lack the digital skills to access My Health Record and wider digital health resources ● Have difficulty dealing with digital tasks e.g lack of language skills, learning difficulties and memory problems
● Have caring responsibilities
● Have a lack of awareness or conﬁdence to access My Health Record and wider digital health resources
THE PROGRAM AND DIGITAL MENTORS DO NOT –